Chain-hash-patch and 1.2

Ron Huff rwhuff at charter.net
Sat May 8 00:26:34 CEST 2004

I applied the subject patch to nagios -1.2 (after a little fiddling).

The resultant build spews a few scary warnings, but in fact the code
just-works...and service checks DO run quite a bit faster...or, I should
say the code that nagios executes in order to build the service list
and execute those calls runs a lot faster...

However, my new 'stable state'  has ~180 nagios-spawned processes
running all the time...!!...I don't quite get-it...these processes are
always
dying off and new ones being spawned...but why so frequently?!?

Before applying the patch, I would see 1-6 nagios processes running
once a startup had settled down...when checktime rolled around there
might be 20-30 processes, for a short time...

Currently I have no crit's; my services (3-4 per device; 1550 devices) run
every are set to check every 15 minutes...

Again...nagios seems to be functioning well!!...I just don't understand what
I'm seeing...and it worries me [:-}
Any comments...?!?
Ron Huff/UCD