Cisco routers and Nagios

Platt, Nicholas Nick.Platt at myflorida.com
Fri May 7 19:08:14 CEST 2004

Hello everyone:

I've gotten to the point where I have all my active checks and dependencies
setup for the entire infrastructure.    My question relates to passive
checks.   Can Nagios be setup to accept traps from routers for such things
as interface down, interface warning congestion, errors, etc...?   I've been
reading on passive checks and the only thing I can find is that nsca is the
product to use to receive passive checks.  Obviously a router can't run the
nsca client side.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks