not getting notified

Korthrun nagios at korthrun.net
Thu May 6 00:58:16 CEST 2004

This happens from time to time, and I am just not sure whats going on here. Probly something basic that I ahve not
grasped yet.
-------
 Current Status:  CRITICAL
Status Information: CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds
Current Attempt:1/3
State Type:HARD
Last Check Type:ACTIVE
Last Check Time:05-05-2004 12:21:56
Status Data Age: 0d 0h 2m 14s
Next Scheduled Active Check:  05-05-2004 12:23:56
Latency:< 1 second
Check Duration:10 seconds
Last State Change: 05-05-2004 10:59:24
Current State Duration: 0d 1h 24m 46s
Last Service Notification:N/A
Current Notification Number:0
Is This Service Flapping?N/A
Percent State Change:N/A
In Scheduled Downtime?  NO
Last Update:05-05-2004 12:24:08
--------
The thing to note is that, it has been in a hard state for 0d 1h 24m 46s. Nagios still thinks it is on Attempted 1/3,
and I have recieved 0, yes 0 alerts for this service.
----------------------
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       nelha-meadow-rb
        service_description             RB-Routing
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!500,50%!500,50%
        }
------------
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host template to use
        host_name               nelha-meadow-rb
        alias                   nelha-meadow-rb
        address                 64.75.248.233
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   30
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        parents                 nelha-meadow-bu
        }
---------
It would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me kbnow whats up.