Ping plugin

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 5 19:36:41 CEST 2004

Gramajo, Gabriel wrote:
> When a server is down ping plugin works fine until starts to notify plugin
> timeouts, when the server came back to life the plugin seems no to take
> account of it and still notify server is down, besides ping from the linux
> box doesn´t work either.

If what little I think I understood from that is correct, then this
sounds like network trouble to me. Are you sure the two hosts are on the
same subnet, or otherwise have proper routes between them? Make sure to
check the netmasks. Two hosts on the same switch doesn't necessarily
have to be on the same logical subnet.

--
Mvh / Best Regards
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson