problem with web interface

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 4 10:46:33 CEST 2004

K. Shantanu wrote:
> * Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> [040503 19:01]:
>

>>ps wwaux would probabaly work better if you installed in a 'long' path,
>>or simply 'pidof nagios'
>

> Already checked that. Nagios is already runnning and it is a single instance.
>

>>Check that the paths are correct in the misccommands.cfg file. Run the
>>command EXACTLY (yes, with all that text, and you have to expand the
>>macros yourself) as it says in there, as the user the nagios process is
>>running as. If that works but nagios still fails, you might want to
>>start looking for an exorcist.
>

> I am not sure how to expnd the macros, so I ran it as best as I could like,
>
> /usr/bin/printf "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE" |
> /bin/mail -s "ALERT" shantanu-nagios at xxxxx.xxx
>
> This command works (as a nagios user too).
> But nothing is seen in my mail logs.
>
> Can you give some more clues?

Can you send ANY emails through the 'mail' command? Also, make
absolutely sure that the command
mail -s "subject" recipient at email.domain
returns you to the prompt when you run it. If it asks for Cc: or
anything else equally ridiculous you have to alter your /etc/mail.rc file.
What MTA are you using? Is it set up properly, and is it running?

--
Mvh / Best Regards
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
andreas.ericsson at op5.se