alerts not been sent

dave-nagios at homer.cymry.org dave-nagios at homer.cymry.org
Mon May 3 15:18:02 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:06:00AM -0700, K. Shantanu  wrote:
> * dave-nagios at homer.cymry.org <dave-nagios at homer.cymry.org> [040503 08:56]:
> > I assume from shantanu-nagios@ that you use qmail. I'd verify that qmail-send was
>
> Yes I use qmail and qmail-send is running properly on that system cos'
> it hosts my mail server also.
>
> > alive, then check /var/log/mail/info on the nagios server to see if nagios is at least
>
> No nagios is not trying to send any mail, I saw nothing related in log file,
> of my mail server.
>
> > trying to send mail. if not I'd check nagios.cfg to make sure enable_notifications was
>
> enable_notifications=1
> is this OK?
>
> > on globally, and verify in the web interface that it thinks notifications are enabled,
> > in the tactical overview, and the notifications section.
>
> I have not used nagios's web interface and am not sure how to do it.
>
> Any ideas with this info?

Ok my next step would be to make sure the mail commands as they are setup in
misccommands.cfg work by running them manually on the command line. I don't see
anythins specifically in your configs that would prevent notifications from being
sent, but there are several reasons why a notification would not go out.. The best
methodical troubleshooting guide is
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/notifications.html

Of paticular interest is "what filters must be passed in order for notifications to be
sent?"  This should take you step by step to verify your config.

Good luck!