WMI

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Tue Mar 23 18:53:30 CET 2004

Sg,

Yes I had worked that out. How typical of Microsoft to only implement
something 50% !!

I look forward to looking at your templates,

Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh at sghosh.org>
23/03/2004 17:08

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] WMI

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com wrote:

> Subhendu,
>
> Yes. I'm hoping to see whether some scheduled tasks are running -
>
> Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer &
"\root\cimv2")
> Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from
Win32_Process",,48)

> How far have you got - maybe I could help...?

I have the template working for logical disk space.

I am not using the winmgmts:\\ moniker but the SWbemLocator so I can
specify different credentials for different hosts if necessary.
Otherwise it assumes your local account has all the necessary privileges
on every host of interest.

Let me clean up some option handling and I'll forward the template over to

you.

FYI: you probably noted that Win32_ScheduledJob cannot enumerate Task
Scheduler... bummer.

--
-sg

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.