check_dns problems

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Tue Mar 23 01:01:29 CET 2004

> Do you have query logging enabled on the DNS servers and can see the
> relative timing of the requests?

Do not know, I'll check on that tomorrow

Either or or. check_dns by default is www.yahoo.com, but I've tried the manual check_dns and nslookup tests I described with both types of records, same every time.

> Any problems with load on nagios or the dns systems?

Nope, neither load nor waiting on IO seems high. I've also checked to make sure the addresses do proper reverse lookups, which they do for both machines.

Rob Nelson
rnelson at windchannel.com