Service Configuration Question

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Mar 22 22:50:22 CET 2004

Service checks that aren't subject to user-error should return critical
when experiencing network problems (no data received, for instance).
UNKNOWN should only be returned when bad parameters have been passed to
the plugin, or when the files or directories the plugin depends on are
missing.

Because of a lot of the plugin authors fail to conform to that standard,
nagios has a hard time doing The Right Thing and keeping users happy at
the same time.

--
Mvh / Best regards
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson