Service Configuration Question

Michael Eck meck at chilitech.net
Mon Mar 22 22:13:20 CET 2004

Is there any way to configure a service so that Nagios only performs
the host check when a particular non-OK state is returned by the
service check?  For example, I have a service check that, when in a
critical or warning state, the host is necessarily up (it's an SNMP
value), but when in an unknown state the host may be down.  My problem
is that Nagios is performing too many host checks on hosts that are
clearly up but in a non-OK state.  I'm either missing something in the
check logic, missing a configuration directive, or Nagios can't do
this.

Thanks for the help.

----
Michael Eck