host up as reply to host down?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Mon Mar 22 21:36:05 CET 2004

When I get a host down warning, I've found myself tending to ignore it
as I go through my mailbox, because often there's a host up notice
shortly thereafter.  So I try to keep in mind that there was a host down
warning for this, that and the other machine, and take action if I don't
see a corresponding host up notice.

However, if my mailbox is large enough that day (and my mailbox is
normally full of new messages), there's a non-0 chance I'll forget that
I never saw a host up notice corresponding to some host down warning.

So my question is, what would it take to make nagios' host up notices be
sent as replies to host down warnings in a way that would allow mutt,
evolution, and other threaded mailreaders to put the two mail messages
right next to each other in my (and your) mailbox like your usual
threaded discussion?

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu>