Large networks ?

Craig Skelton cskelton at rackforce.com
Thu Mar 18 18:13:12 CET 2004

I'm currently monitoring 700+ servers with 2200+ services on a single nagios system. On a dual athalon 2G with 2G  it hums along at this:

            Metric Min. Max. Average
            Check Execution Time:   < 1 sec 44 sec 0.247 sec
            Check Latency: < 1 sec 10 sec 0.191 sec
            Percent State Change: 0.00% 0.00% 0.00%

As long as you're using simple checks, it can handle thousands of checks.