port numbers used by nagios

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Mar 18 00:24:25 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Rochel Amog wrote:

> Is there anybody know or have identified what are the protocol port
> numbers used by nagios to check different services on a monitored unix
> and windows 2000 systems. I configured my services.cfg to check the
> monitored hosts using check_ping, check_disk, check_procs, check_users,
> check_nrpe and other plugins. I just need to identify these port numbers
> used by nagios to check all the unix and windows services/process so
> that I don't have to open up the whole ip protocol on my "access control
> lists" on my layer 3 switch.

check_ping uses ICMP

check_nrpe is user configurable and depends on the nrpe.cfg on the server

check_snmp, check_ifstatus, check_ifoperstatus, check_bgpstate uses SNMP
 (default udp 161, but user configurable)

check_by_ssh, check_ssh (default tcp 22, user configurable)

check_http ( tcp80, tcp 443, user configurable)

check_disk,load, procs, users are all local plugins

--

-sg