Nagios 1.0 bug?

Porus Lakdawala porus at sgi.com
Fri Mar 12 23:13:28 CET 2004

> There is a limit on the maximum number of characters a line
> can be in the config files. The default is 8192 I believe.
> Could you be exceeding that? What does your host/service
> definition look like that's causing you problems?

Thanks Marc. This is definitely good to know. However in my case it doesn't
seem like that is the problem. Here is a segment of the services config
file. If I uncomment the first hostgroup_name line and comment the second it
breaks. As it stands now it works.

define service{
#        hostgroup_name
field-nt-domain-servers,field-nt-file-servers,field-nt-print-servers
        hostgroup_name                  field-nt-domain-servers
        service_description             FIELD NT service McShield
        check_command                   check_nt_service!McShield

        use                             field-nt-service-template
        }

Porus.