[Nagios Users] Checking status of Multihomed hosts

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Mar 11 21:55:31 CET 2004

On Thursday, March 11, 2004 2:09 PM, rtaylor shared with us:

> I have a large number of multihomed hosts I am trying to monitor with
> check_ping from Nagios - does anyone know how I could implement this
> without having to create a separate host definition for each
> interface (that really turns your status map into a nightmare)?
>
> I found this reference on the net to check_ping supporting checks of
> multihomed hosts...

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3843644&forum_id
=849
> 9
>
>  > "...But in the context of a nagios config, I think it is not the
> > most preferred format - I think it should also accept commas like
> > check_ping does for multihomed hosts..."
>
> I am using check_ping version 1.1 (came with the 1.31 plugins) and it
> does not seem to support that syntax.

Plugins 1.4.0 alpha.

You could also put a loopback IP on each router and use that for the
host definition and define each of the individual interfaces as a
service on that host.

--
Marc