Window event viewer

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Mar 9 23:22:24 CET 2004

Hi Rudy

I have taken the guts of the naplax eventlog package and converted it into
a pure plugin - no agent required.  However you do need to execute it
from a Win32 perl environment.  I achieved that my pushing out all the
win32 plugins to a Windows server running NREP_NT and calling them there.

You can specify the remote host, log, and number of "backtrack" seconds.
It looks for log entries that exist in the backtrack interval and then
does the usual regex.

My recommendation for the backtrack interval is 1.7x the check_interval
Also you will want to treat this as a volatile

I'll have it posted on SF today.
new name: check_win32_eventlog.pl

--
-sg