Passive checks problem

Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov
Tue Mar 9 17:14:36 CET 2004

My bad, I misunderstood freshness checking.

Thanks,
Andrew

             Andrew
             Hoying/NIRM/BLM/D
             OI                                                         To
                                       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             03/09/2004 08:28                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Passive checks problem

I've got a problem with passive checks going active. I have set up two
service templates, both have active checks disabled and check_period set to
none. I have a service set up which submits results for the passive
services using one of those two templates every 5 minutes or so. However
after about 15 minutes, even though they show disabled in the nagios cgi
interface, nagios suddenly starts doing active checks for those services
which causes all hell to break loose. Why are checks which are set to
disabled, set to have no check time, and show up as disabled in the CGI
having active checks run?!

I am using nagios 1.2 under SuSE 9.0 and have been running for a little
over a month using only active checks with no problems.

Thanks,
Andrew Hoying