check_load and Warning threshold must be float or float triplet!

Chris Evans chris1 at psyctc.org
Mon Mar 8 16:39:14 CET 2004

On 8 Mar 2004 at 9:40, Robert Nelson wrote:

> >  check_load!w=5.00,4.00,3.00!c=6.00,5.00,4.00
>
> The first ! is equivalent to "-w ", the second ! is equivalent to "-c
> "...You don't need the "w=" or "c=". Try this
>
> check_load!5.00,4.00,3.00!6.00,5.00,4.00
>
> If you look at the checkcommands.cfg you can see how the plugins are
> defined, usually something like:
>
> check_plugin -H $HOST$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
>
> where $HOST$ is the address of the host, $ARG1$ is after the first !
> and before the second !, etc.

Aaagh: I am sure this proves that I am fool who doesn't read the
documentation properly: I simply hadn't realised that the plugins
were wrapped in that set of wrappers.  Seems perhaps an excessive
level of wrapping but I'm no programmer and my system is tiny so what
do I know?!

Many, many thanks to Rob and the nagios enterprise again: perfect!

Chris
PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris at psyctc.org