check_load and Warning threshold must be float or float triplet!

Chris Evans chris1 at psyctc.org
Mon Mar 8 10:44:23 CET 2004

Brilliant product which I'd read about but hadn't tried before:
superb: thanks.

One problem, perhaps because I'm being stupid:

I have installed nagios 1.2 onto two machines running Debian stable
and downloaded and installed the 1.3.0 plugins on the same machines.
On one machine, check_load at first complained:
	Warning threshold must be float or float triplet!
but I tweaked both triplets to 4.00,3.00,2.00 and it ran fine once
but is now complaining again.  On the second machine I have the same.
 When I run in a console session as user www-data it works:
	./check_load -w 5.00,4.00,3.00 -c 6.00,5.00,4.00
	OK - load average: 2.18, 2.38, 2.09

So how is that different from entry I have in that machine's
/etc/nagios/services.cfg:

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ;
Name of service template to use

        host_name                       www
        service_description             Load on www
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_load!w=5.00,4.00,3.00!c=6.00,5.00,4.00
        }

I have searched the archives but couldn't see this one in this form.
Any suggestions?

TIA,

Chris

PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris at psyctc.org