Statusmap Setup

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Thu Mar 4 23:59:34 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:27, Matt Pounsett wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, James Wade wrote:
>
> > [Tue Feb 24 10:52:14 2004] [error] [client 192.168.0.22] Premature end
> > of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi
> > ld.so.1: statusmap.cgi: fatal: libgd.so.2: open failed: No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > However, when I look in /usr/local/lib, I find libgd.so.2
>
> is /usr/local/lib is your ldconfig path? (or LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
> variable if you're on Solaris)

Usually LD_LIBRARY_PATH is best avoided, unless you just set it in a
wrapper script.  I've tracked down a lot of problems to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH's that solved a problem on one day, and caused a
different problem on another.

Best is to compile the executable with a suitable -R, at least if you're
setting up a program's build system it is.

You can also check into the free chrpath program, which can change a
program's run path after the link is finished.  I haven't used this
program, but it may well be the easiest solution, and a pretty effective
one too.  This might be the best solution as an admin.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu>