Error Message: Warning: Nagios process may not be running

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 2 22:29:16 CET 2004

On Tuesday, March 02, 2004 3:03 PM, Kaplan, Andrew H. shared with us:

> Hi Marc --
>
> I ran the check_nagios command as the nobody user and even though
> Nagios was up and running, it still complained it could not find a
> running process. I ran the ps -ef |grep nagios command, and I have a
> decent amount of processes that have the [nagios] program.

You may need to modify the command. i.e.

nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 'nagios'

The last bit is the string that the command is looking for in the ps
output to determine if there is an actual nagios process running. It may
vary depending on your version of ps.

--
Marc