Error Message: Warning: Nagios process may not be running

Veros Kaplan veros-nagios at tac.cz
Tue Mar 2 22:05:28 CET 2004

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote/napsal:
: I installed Nagios 1.2 onto a system and am in the process of testing it out.
: One problem that I noticed is my being unable to manually run commands,
: ie: Schedule an immediate check of all services on this host, on any host
: machine. I checked the cgi.cfg file and made sure the nagios_check_command
: directive was not commented out. I also checked the nagios.cfg file and the
: external_command lines were also uncommented. The check_nagios plug-in
: is in the libexec directory and it does have the proper permissions
: associated with it. What else is there for me to do?

   If CGI scripts sway "Nagios process may not be running", it means
that $nagios_check_command return ERROR. Can you test it manually and
and then test it under permissions of your www user?

  What type of Nagios store are you using? Text or SQL? There are
sometimes problems with check_command for SQL stores.

  Have a nice day

Věroš Kaplan
--
Věroš Kaplan <veros @ tac . cz>