Check_Disk

Bill Corcoran wcorcor at siue.edu
Mon Mar 1 10:29:10 CET 2004

The -x flag appears to work like it should on Sun OS 5.6, but I am
having a similar problem(s) with Sun & check_disk.

First of all, I am unable to exclude more than one storage device when
using the -x flag.  The issue is not mentioned in the documetation.
Comma-delimiting devices to exclude produces an error.  Simply
separating by space or additional -x flags results in check_disk
ignoring all but one device to exclude.

My bigger problem is that when I check the devices all at once as a
group (the default), I get "DISK WARNING".  The output with -e is
interesting:

% ./check_disk -w 0% -c 0% -x /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 -e
DISK WARNING

Of course, none of the disks have less than the warning value of 0%
free.  When checked individually, all devices report "DISK OK".  If I do
not exclude c0t6d0s0 (which does indeed have 0% free) i get "DISK
CRITICAL".  What the heck is going on here?

-Bill Corcoran