How to get uptime on remote Linux

Jim Vaughan jim at jimvaughan.com
Mon Mar 1 02:02:28 CET 2004

Hello,

Just learning Nagios.

- Installed  Nagios 1.2 (02-02-2004) on Fedora Core 1
- got it running great
- it's checking remote Linux boxes with nrpe
- It's checking Windows boxes using NSClient
- check it out at http://neo.jimvaughan.com/nagios

A quick question so I can present this to folks back at work as an
alternative to our current monitoring systems:

What plug-in do I use to return uptime on remote Linux boxes?  I know this
may be a RTFM-type question, but I've not asked any questions up till now as
I've worked diligently through every bit of documentation I could find to
get Nagios going thus far.

Thanks for your patience!

Jim.

---