Problems with cgi access

Peter Hessler phessler at triplecanopy.com
Wed Jun 30 20:48:49 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:21:40 -0700
Peter Hessler <phessler at triplecanopy.com> wrote:

:On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:13:44 -0500 (CDT)
:"C. Bensend" <benny at bennyvision.com> wrote:
:
::
::> This is still broken, and I have no idea how to fix this.  Anyone have
::any> ideas?
::
::Hi Peter,
::
::   On one of my OpenBSD Nagios hosts, I use:
::
::nagios_check_command=/home/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
::/home/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/home/nagios/bin/nagios'
::
::   Obviously, I have Nagios installed in /home/nagios so you'll have to
::change that, but that command should work for you just fine, I'd think.
::
::Benny
::
::
::--
::"You were doing well until everyone died."
::                                                    -- "God", Futurama
:
:Thanks, but that doesn't help me.  As stated in my first email I had
:'/usr/local/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg' in my check_nagios
:command.  I also tried '/usr/local/bin/nagios', but that doesn't change
:the false-negative.
:
:$ ps aux | grep '/usr/local/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg'
:_nagios   7871  0.0  0.1   564   920 ??  Ss    Wed01PM    0:39.01
:/usr/local/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
:$
:

Thanks to C. Bensend for trying to help me, but I'm still broke.  Here is
what seems to be an indicator of a larger problem:

nagios_check_command=/home/nagios/libexec/check_dummy 0

Doesn't work.  This is after stopping and starting both nagios and apache (I
know apache doesn't need to be restarted, but I figured what the hey).
Apache is not chrooted, and doesn't show any errors in its config.  This is
on OpenBSD/i386 -current.

--
This is your fortune.