Thought for an alert

Mark Musone mmusone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 23:06:38 CEST 2004

Umm..it's fairly straight forward..

#1, is installing/learning asterisk (ugh..almost as complex as nagios :) )

#2. the important thing is creating a .call file.

theres an example at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+auto-dial+out

#3, now it's just a matter of making a procmail script that takes a
nagios notification
(you just setup nagios to email a special account i.e.
dial-out-notify at mydomain.com)

#4. have the procmail script create the .call file such as:

 Channel: Zap/1/17165551212
 MaxRetries: 2
 RetryTime: 60
 WaitTime: 30
 Context: callme
 Extension: 800

you dump the .call file into asterisk's outgoing directory..asterisk
magically takes it,
dials the number and does whatever you want it to thats defined in the
"callme" context in the asterisk config file..

-Mark