Nagios and nagiosmap.pl

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Jun 21 16:36:24 CEST 2004

Simon Anderson wrote:
> Hi Garry,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I too use Fedora, perhaps it is the issue as it's common to
> both of us.
>
> I did however manage a workaround. As nagiosmap borks at loading the
> images, I removed the image declarations from each object in
> hostextinfo.cfg, configured the object coordinates with
> nagios map, then
> merged the version containing coords with the version
> containing image
> declarations.

Absolutely brilliant Simon. I wish I would have figured that one out on
my own quite some time ago.

Have you notified anyone working on the Nagiosmap project? I'm guessing
that there may just need to be a simple change to the code that tells
nagiosmap.pl where to find the images.

I've copied the Nagios-Users group, as I've received several emails from
people that have seen my original thread and also had trouble with
Nagiosmap.
I'm using Nagios-1.2, on RH9 and Fedora Core1. Nagiosmap would fail
while attempting to load the images on both of these installations. Once
I removed the image declarations in hostextinfo.cfg, it worked
perfectly, just as you said it would.

Nice work. Thanks very much for the assistance.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)

> I expect I could have achieved the same result merely by
> commenting out
> the image declarations and uncommenting them after the fact.
>
> Regards,
> Simon.
>

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Cook, Garry wrote:
>
>> I definitely wouldn't mind sharing. However, I never did find a
>> solution. I think that someone posted a patch at some point that was
>> supposed to make it work correctly on Fedora Core. While I do have a
>> Fedora Core server, my Nagios implementation runs on a RH9 platform.
>> At some point I may try to copy over my config files to the Fedora
>> server and make it work there, but I just don't have the time right
>> now.
>> I would suggest posting to the Nagios-Users mailing list and asking
>> if anyone else has ever been able to make it work properly. Or you
>> could copy my original post and let them know that you are having
>> the same issues. Be sure to offer up your site details as well, or
>> you may not get a response. Good Luck!
>>
>> Garry W. Cook, CCNA
>> Network Infrastructure Manager
>> MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
>> 303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)
>>
>> Simon Anderson wrote:
>>> Hell Garry,
>>>
>>> I found your posting on a list regarding an issue with nagiosmap.pl
>>> and it's inability to recognise some image files referenced in
>>> hostextinfo.cfg
>>>
>>> I am having exactly the same problem - I wonder if you ever found a
>>> resolution and would mind sharing it with me?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Simon.