Using Nagios to query MSSQL

Mon Jun 21 02:06:12 CEST 2004

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:19:14PM -0700, nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:55:44 -0400
> From: Karl DeBisschop <karl at debisschop.net>
> To: Andy Harrison <aharrison at gmail.com>
> CC: "Quillen, Channon" <cquillen at txfb-ins.com>,
>  nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Using Nagios to query MSSQL
>
> Andy Harrison wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:12:43 -0500, Quillen, Channon
> > <cquillen at txfb-ins.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Is there a plugin that will allow Nagios to run queries against a MSSQL
> >>database?

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=156

covers the matter of checking MS SQL servers and goes on to say

'
Now you can use sqsh to connect to your MS SQL:

sqsh -S servername -U username

You're now ready to script your own plugins based on the output you get
from your queries. Works great.
'

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft