Using Nagios to query MSSQL

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 21 01:00:26 CEST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:12:43 -0500, Quillen, Channon <cquillen at txfb-ins.com>
wrote:
>Is there a plugin that will allow Nagios to run queries against a
>MSSQL database?

Here, I use pNSClient running on the server and then monitor it via the huge
number of available perfmon counters.  Unless you really want to do a SQL
query test, this seems sufficient for us.  I also use the same agent and
method with MRTG for graphing various performance statistics.

Email me if you would like a template of the necessary MRTG or Nagios
configurations.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **