Host is down but there aren't any further alerts

Dmitry Alyabyev dimitry at al.org.ua
Tue Jun 15 09:18:59 CEST 2004

Hello Tom

On Monday 14 June 2004 16:07, tom.welsh at bt.com wrote:
> Afternoon Dimitry,
>
> You have probably got a different setting for this host as opposed to your
> other host config.
>
> Take a look at your hosts.cfg
>
> notification_interval 60 ; Number of minutes to wait be fore re-notifying
> that a host is still down > If set to zero you only get 1 notification
> notifications_enabled 1 ; Host notifications are enabled

this point seems to be ok here

# Generic host definition template
define host{
        name                            generic-host
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        checks_enabled                  1
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION
        }

define host{
        use             generic-host            ; Name of host template to use

        host_name               name-of-my-server
        alias                   Alias here
        address                 x.x.x.x
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      2
        notification_interval   10
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r