PerfParse Help?

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Jun 14 18:32:05 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Is anyone using perfparse? I've compiled the apps and
> created the MySQL database but I get this error when I
> execute perfparse, not sure where to look..
>
> nagios-new# /usr/local/bin/perfparse -n 40 -r
> "SELECT file_name, line_in_file, last_line_hash, pid,
> file_name FROM perfdata_state WHERE domain =
> '03B6BA87'" failed:
> Lost connection to MySQL server during query
>

> nagios-new# /usr/local/bin/perfparse --show_config
> sDBUser:         'nagios'
> sDBName:         'nagios'
> sDBPass:         'nagios'
> sDBHost:         '10.128.16.17'
> sDropFile:       '/tmp/perfparse.drop'
> sServiceLogFile: '/var/spool/nagios/serviceperf.log'
> sHostLogFile:    '/var/spool/nagios/hostperf.log'

There are a few people using it so far. It works great on my site. I
must admit that I had some trouble setting it up at first, but Ben
Clewett was really helpful in troubleshooting. I've been working on a
How-To for the project, and Yves Mettier has contributed quite a bit to
the latest version (v.0.08), which should be much easier for folks to
implement.

>From the project page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/perfparse you
can find a link to the Mailing Lists. You should join perfparse-users
and post your questions there. When you do repost your question to the
other list, it would be best to include the versions that you are
running for Nagios, Nagios Plugins, PerfParse, and MySQL.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)