(no subject)

Petr Simek psimek at jcu.cz
Fri Jun 11 15:31:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Giliardo Carlos Freitas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can i monitoring a chach-proxy service in Nagios?

I am define new command in checkcommands.cfg :

# 'check_squid' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_squid
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$ -u $ARG2$
        }

and add new service check at host with cache proxy :

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       cache
        service_description             SQUID
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              2
        normal_check_interval           20
        retry_check_interval            5
        contact_groups                  linux-admins-aps
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_squid!3128!http://www.url.dom
        }

Check command connects to squid and require the URL. It's possible to
check www server that originally provide this url and make service
dependency that squid check is dependent on http check.