Debian b0rkage ???

Michael D Schleif mds at helices.org
Fri Jun 11 03:34:21 CEST 2004

* David Bishop <tech at gnuconsulting.com> [2004:06:10:12:46:42-0600] scribed:
> On Wednesday 09 June 2004 4:23 pm, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > * David Bishop <tech at gnuconsulting.com> [2004:06:09:16:12:25-0600] scribed:
> > > <snip>

> > > <snip>

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Are you actually using mysql?  Are you sure you don't want nagios-text?
> > > I had a similar problem when trying to use nagios-pgsql (I couldn't
> > > figure out how to make it use the pgsql server), but when I went back to
> > > nagios-text, everything worked fine.
> >
> > Aha!  How can I check for mysql usage?
> >
> > Yes, I want to use mysql.  The testing version _did_ actually use mysql.
> >
> > I suppose that this is as good a road to go down as any.  How can I best
> > determine this?  And, if not, how can I get it using mysql?
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Unfortunately, as I said, I never did get it to work with a database.  Your
> two courses of action are either to switch to -text, or get the source
> (apt-get source), compile it yourself, debug it, send the fix to the debian
> maintainer, and continue to enjoy life :-)  Or, wait until it get fixed by
> the maintainer...

Yes, sorry about that -- I didn't understand what you have been through.
Subsequently, I found that Debian Bug # 235139
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=235139> is actually
about this issue -- 104 days old ;<

Not sure what I am going to do about this yet . . .

Thank you, for your input.

--
Best Regards,

mds