Debian b0rkage ???

David Bishop tech at gnuconsulting.com
Thu Jun 10 20:46:42 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 4:23 pm, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> * David Bishop <tech at gnuconsulting.com> [2004:06:09:16:12:25-0600] scribed:
> > <snip>

> > <snip>
> >
> > > Here are the functional contents of /etc/nagios/services.cfg:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Are you actually using mysql?  Are you sure you don't want nagios-text?
> > I had a similar problem when trying to use nagios-pgsql (I couldn't
> > figure out how to make it use the pgsql server), but when I went back to
> > nagios-text, everything worked fine.
>
> Aha!  How can I check for mysql usage?
>
> Yes, I want to use mysql.  The testing version _did_ actually use mysql.
>
> I suppose that this is as good a road to go down as any.  How can I best
> determine this?  And, if not, how can I get it using mysql?
>
> What do you think?

Unfortunately, as I said, I never did get it to work with a database.  Your
two courses of action are either to switch to -text, or get the source
(apt-get source), compile it yourself, debug it, send the fix to the debian
maintainer, and continue to enjoy life :-)  Or, wait until it get fixed by
the maintainer...

D.A.Bishop