Reading Event Logs

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 11 01:19:28 CEST 2004

Use snare and nsca, and have nagios addon, ncsa daemon listen too :)

Here is what I wrote before:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use POSIX;
use Time::Local;

my $message = join (' ', at ARGV);
my ($host, $msg) = $message =~
/\s([a-z]{6})\sMSWinEventLog.*\s[A-Z]{1}[a-z]{1}[a-z]{1}\s\d{2}\s\d{2}:\d{2}
:\d{2}\s\d{4}.*Service\sControl\sManager.*(The\sWorld.*state.)/x;

if     ( $msg =~ /running state/ ) {
      $nagios_code = 0; # Ok
}
elsif ( $msg =~ /stopped state/ ) {
      $nagios_code = 2; # Critical
} else {
      exit;
}

($Second, $Minute, $Hour, $Day, $Month, $Year, $WeekDay, $DayOfYear, $IsDST)
= localtime(time);
$epoch = mktime($Second,$Minute,$Hour,$Day,$Month,$Year,$WeekDay,0,-1);

my $cmd  = "[$epoch]
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;$host;w3svc;$nagios_code;$msg";
my $echo = '/bin/echo';
my $pipe = '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd';

system "$echo \"$cmd\" >> $pipe";

I have to create a new one to refresh my mind about it :)