MySQL Communication Error

Stephen Elaschuk selaschuk at adlc.ca
Thu Jun 10 19:55:27 CEST 2004

I have nagios installed, configured and running properly. However any
attempt to access any of the cgis gives the error:

Whoops!
Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Checking the mysql log, every time I attempt to access any cgi, an entry
similar to the following is created:

040610 11:48:01  Aborted connection 764 to db: 'nagios' user: 'nagioscgi'
host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

nagios was configured with the following command:

./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib
--with-mysql-inc=/usr/local/mysql/include --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib
--with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include --with-mysql-xdata

Can anyone help?

Stephen Elaschuk
Computer Technician
Pembina Hills Regional Division No.7