problems with history

Tomáš Macek maca02 at atlas.cz
Wed Jun 9 08:26:20 CEST 2004

Hi, I've got the patch for you.
But this patch is "hard", I've commented out the "LOG ROTATION" text and hardly defined, that the 't->tm_hour = 0' when the log rotation == DAILY, just see the patched file base/loggin.c.

Without the commenting out the LOG ROTATION text, the patch did not worked for me properly, I was not able to find out why, so this patch is not the best thing to do, but works. I would like to know, where is the problem really, I spent 2 days with it, but did not find the reason. Some idea was the computer load, but rotation is pending at 00:00, when the computer load is very low, but together with this I thaught, that nagios has too much to work - I have 196 machines, 276 services. I would not be in doubt, if the result of nagios check_ping would not be "Host seems to be up" (only  sometimes) - why?? Did nagios do the check or not??

Do you have an idea?

Tomas