How to Loggout?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 4 05:28:29 CEST 2004

>is there an easy way to loggout from nagios and loggin as another user?
>When I need to change the user, I restart my browser :(

I think this is a problem in the browser/HTTP rather than Nagios.  Nagios
uses the web server for authentication, rather than internal session-based
authentication, and so it has no control over the login/out.  There is no
browser-based command in javascript (as far as I know) to tell the browser
to log out (ie, to forget its cached authentication response).

If anyone knows a way to achieve this, please let me know so that I can use
it in my software as well!

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **