Multiple interfaces

PGuth at corp.terralycos.com PGuth at corp.terralycos.com
Sat Jul 31 00:32:18 CEST 2004

I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.  If you just want to make
sure you're hitting the interface that's closest to the nagios server,
then why not simply use *that* interface as the one defined in the host
object?  And ignore the rest?

If you actually need to monitor each interface (or services on each
interface) separately I don't see how to avoid the work of defining
multiple "things" even if you could find a way to do it without multiple
host definitions.  You can make the multiple definitions easier with
hostgroups/templating etc so that you only define a service once, assign a
hostgroup to it, and put all your hosts (and their interfaces) in that
hostgroup.

Phil Dibowitz <phil at usc.edu>
07/30/2004 03:35 PM