Multiple interfaces

Phil Dibowitz phil at usc.edu
Sat Jul 31 00:35:24 CEST 2004

I'm brining this back on-list, because I think that the reasoning is important
to my question... hope you don't mind.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:22:47PM -0700, PGuth at corp.terralycos.com wrote:
> We just define multiple hosts, one for each interface.  Generally they
> have the same hostname with a letter appended to signify what network, so
> if your host is named host22 you could define host22pub and host22priv,
> for instance.

See. But we have lik 8 interfaces that are all reachable from any one place,
but depending on where you are on the network one is closer to you --
different subnets. And hosta - hostg is kind of annoying. Especially because
someones we'll name one interface seperately so we get:

almaakA
almaakB
almaakC
almaakD
almaakE
almaak-qfe0A
almaak-qfe0B
almaak-eri0A
almaak-eri0B

And that's kinda hard to manage --- have to have service entires for all of
the, etc., etc...

--
Phil Dibowitz
Systems Architect and Administrator