Does Not Recognize Contact

Rhugga nagios-user at sandiego420.com
Thu Jul 22 17:09:18 CEST 2004

Marc Powell wrote:

>Rhugga <mailto:nagios-user at sandiego420.com> wrote:
>

>>Also, just curious, does anyone use nagios to monitor large enterprise
>>environments? Just so many issues already just trying to get the thing
>>compiled and a vanilla config working, just raises some red flags to
>>me.
>>

>Yes, currently 1783 hosts (host checking disabled) and 2594 services of
>which the vast majority are routers monitored over a WAN. 4 distributed
>nagios data collectors using NSCA to report back to 2 central nagios
>hosts, 1 with postgres DB backend and 1 with flat-file backend. After
>some minor tweaking I consider it the most robust and flexible
>monitoring system I've ever used.
>
>--
>Marc

Yea, my environment is about twice that large (less routers since we are
mainly in 1 location) and I was trying to use opennms but it just
couldn't handle the load. (it's Java so no confusion as to why it
couldn't handle the load) Good to know that it can handle enterprise
loads before I spend more cycles trying to get it to work. Also, router
checks are much less overhead than the host-based checks, of which are
the main composition of my intended use. (ie a router check may only be
a simple ping where as each host I have might have 20 service checks per)

Just curious, what is the OS of your nagios systems and if Linux, what
kernel and version of glibc? Also, do you have your ./configure used
when you built nagios?

Thx
Rhugga