Multiple instances of Nagios on same server

Porus Lakdawala porus at sgi.com
Thu Jul 15 20:46:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am planning to design a Nagios server to run multiple instances of Nagios.

Each instance will be compiled to run under its own directories, cgi-bin,
set of plugins etc.

Is such a thing commonly done? If there are some of you running this kind of
a setup, are there issues that I would look out for?

The main reason for me doing this is have different web-pages for different
sets of servers. Is there another way to do this where you run a single
instance of Nagios to monitor stuff, but have different services show up
under different web servers (I don't mean hostgroups. I need separate
virtual webs)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
-----
Porus Lakdawala