NRPE Problems

Chris Jackson-CHRJ002 CHRJ002 at motorola.com
Mon Jul 12 18:27:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty setting up nrpe on my network.

I have downloaded and compiled the client on the remote host in question with ./configure --enable-ssl

I have followed all the instructions to make the nrpe daemon run with xinetd and netstat -pta shows nrpe listening.  I set nagios host to use check_nrpe to execute some plugins I copied to the remote box but I'm getting the error Could not complete SSL handshake.  I'm sure its something to do with me missing out some SSL configuration somewhere but I can't see where I've gone wrong.

I'm not really clued up on SSL and found the instructions for installing with SSL support a bit confusing.  Can anyone help me troubleshoot and work out why the handshake keeps failing?

Thanks in advance,

Chris