check_nagios on FreeBSD

David Bishop tech at gnuconsulting.com
Sat Jul 10 00:16:08 CEST 2004

check_nagios fails to work on FreeBSD bacause PS_RAW_COMMAND is defined
as "/bin/ps -weo 'stat user ppid args'", which will *not* show all
process ids on the machine (only the processes owned by the webserver).
To make it work properly, I needed to add 'ax' in front of 'o' and
recompile.  I realize that config.h is a generated file, and will be
overwritten next time I run ./configure, but I don't know enough about
auto* to figure out how to fix the test.

To summarize, the correct definition of PS_RAW_COMMAND on FreeBSD is:
"/bin/ps -weaxo 'stat user ppid args'"

Thanks, and have a great day.

D.A.Bishop