performance data too long -> truncated

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jul 9 11:39:17 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to collect a bunch of performance data on a remote
host, sending it to the nagios server by nsca. I noticed that
the data get's truncated when the message exceeds a certain
length (about 256 bytes?). Don't know whether this is done
by nsca or by the nagios server (it is not easy to sniff on the
wire since nsca encrypts the data.) Before spending too much
time on that, I'd like to figure out if this is a known issue
with a documented workaround. Any hint?

Thanks, Thomas