Nagios Truncated return string

Al Smith al_smyth at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 05:22:47 CEST 2004

Using Nagios 1.2 with MySQL for data storage. I've written my own check_snmp to get a value from a power strip that returns Amps * 10, so a 0.8 amp reading is sent back by snmpget as 8. In order to watch the actual amps, and history, I set Value = Value / 10, and return the string

OK: 0.8

The problem is with the value stored in the MySQL database, and displayed on the web page, is 0. So, when amp usage on the unit is low, I get an alarm telling me it is zero!

Has anyone else seen the trucated value like this?