/usr/local/nagios/etc not present after compiling ....

Thompson, Jimi JimiT at mail.cox.smu.edu
Fri Jul 9 00:48:30 CEST 2004

After much hair pulling, we have a winner!  Upgrading perl and
recompiling the plug-ins worked.

Here's what to do  -

Go to /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8

Make && make test && make install

Type in "use.perl port" to upgrade the system perl

Type in "find /usr/local/lib/perl5/{site_perl/5.005,5.00503} -type f
-print0 | \ xargs -0 -n 1 pkg_which | sort -u > /tmp/perl-ports"

This will create a list of any previously installed Perl modules

Go look in the file and remove anything that looks odd - ?'s and such

Then type this in "portupgrade -f `cat /tmp/perl-ports`"

Assuming you have portupgrade installed, this will also upgrade all your
other perl modules.

Now go to /usr/ports/nagois-plugins and install that.

This SHOULD solve your problem.  You should be able to run the install-
commands now.

HTH,

Jimi