/usr/local/nagios/etc not present after compiling ....

Thompson, Jimi JimiT at mail.cox.smu.edu
Fri Jul 9 00:16:00 CEST 2004

Well,

After considerable experimentation and attempting to install the
plug-ins manually, it seems that the plug ins require a newer version of
Perl than the system installs by default.  FreeBSD installs 5.005 and it
wants 5.6.X or better.  This seems be causing the plug-in install to
fail silently when attempting to it as a Nagios dependency.  I'm in the
process of upgrading the system Perl now and will let post again with
any thing else interesting that I uncover.

HTH

Jimi