check_ping segmentation fault at command line

Lundgren, Scott SELundgr at email.uncc.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:22:15 CEST 2004

I'm setting up nagios 1.2 and using nagios plugins 1.3.1. In trying to
figure out why nagios shows 1 and only 1 of my hosts status as down
though all the services are up, I'm trying to run the check_ping command
from command line and it is seg faulting. So I have two questions,
configuration info is below:

What adjustments should I be making for the host status to work
properly?
What causes check_ping from command line as user nagios to segmentation
fault?

danke,
SL

nagios at samplebox $ whoami
nagios
nagios at samplebox $ pwd
/usr/local/nagios/libexec
nagios at samplebox $ ./check_ping -H wwwX -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p
1
Segmentation Fault

# 'check-host-alive' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check-host-alive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
        }

# 'wwwX' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               wwwX
        alias                   WWW Server #X
        address                 XXX.XX.XX.XX
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

# Generic host definition template
define host{
        name                            generic-host  ; The name of this
host template
        notifications_enabled           1       	; Host
notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       	; Host event
handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       	; Flap detection
is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       	; Process
performance data
        retain_status_information       1       	; Retain status
information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       	; Retain
non-status information across program restarts
        register                        0       	; DONT REGISTER
THIS DEFINITION
        }