Segregation of networks

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jul 7 22:00:22 CEST 2004

Robert Nelson <mailto:rnelson at windchannel.com> wrote:
> [...]

Sounds like bad or incomplete design on the part of whoever wrote
grouplist.cgi ;)

> I've got the authentication in place, I've even hacked a few HTML
> pages together so that a specific user can only see their authorized
> hosts, but I do that by taking away the menu. I'd basically like to
> make two versions of the Nagios Web UI but still maintained by one
> set of config files on the backend. Does that make any sense?

Yes, it makes sense but you'll probably have better luck fixing
grouplist.cgi to follow the nagios contacts paradigm than munging nagios
to fix a borked addon. It sounds like grouplist.cgi looks at the cfg
files directly so as long as you maintain one set of config files you're
still going to have the problem no matter how many different front ends
you create.

For the record, I've never used grouplist.cgi so I don't know if the
behavior you're seeing is a design decision, a bug or a configuration
issue. I would hope that any addon to nagios would respect the most
basic behaviors of the program.

--
Marc